Someone recently asked me if I had a bucket list. The thought of it was really unappealing to me. Did you know that the whole Bucket List idea is related to the phrase – ‘Kick the Bucket.’ To me it’s like planning “your retirement.” That time when you hit 65 and you are suppose to sit around waiting until your time comes to “kick the bucket.”
As I’ve said before – I am never going to stop working – so much for having hours of unfilled time to do nothing. I get bored easily even when I am constantly busy. I am not working because I want to make money but to help others. Right now, I am consulting on a project where I partially get paid in fish.
Maybe if I re-phrase the question – it will not sound like a thing that “old people do.”
Today is the first day of the rest of my live. How can I, at least for the next decade or so, live my life as fully as possible?
1. I want to laugh really hard sometime during every single day.
2. I want to be a 60’s like Activist. This time though I want to inspire my fellow Boomers to change past perceptions of what you do after you turn 65.
3. I have experienced astral projecting in the past year. I want to figure out how to do it more often and at a deeper and deeper level.
4. Although I do want to see more earthly destination spots – travel in and of itself is not my goal. It isn’t so much where I am but what I am and whom I am with. I want to discover more of myself.
5. I want to perform comedy on a stage.
6. I want to build a deeper and deeper level of consciousness.
7. I want to go to a place I have discovered while meditating. It involves dancing around a fire on a beach in Africa as part of a tribal ritual.
8. I want to have an affair.
9. I want to grow the quality friendships I already have and to gain new ones with people of all different ages and races.
10. I want to contribute to ending world hunger.